In January 2020, Axiom Managed Services, one of two companies spun off in 2019 from alternative legal services provider Axiom, rebranded as Factor, a move the company characterized as a relaunch, and named a new CEO, Varun Mehta, a veteran of the legal tech industry who had previously helped found the e-discovery managed services firm The Clutch Group.
It has been a year of challenges and opportunities for Factor, an ALSP that describes itself as delivering complex legal work at scale. While Mehta could never have anticipated that he was taking the helm in a year that would be defined by a global pandemic, it was also a year in which the company received an investment it characterized as one of the largest in the global legal solutions market, built out a powerhouse management team, and partnered with major law firm Allen & Overy to provide LIBOR remediation.
This week on LawNext, Mehta joins host Bob Ambrogi to reflect on his first year as CEO and the company’s progress so far, as well as to share his vision for what lies ahead for Factor and for the managed services industry more broadly.
Thank You To Our Sponsors
This episode of LawNext is generously made possible by our sponsors. We appreciate their support and hope you will check them out.
- Paradigm, home to the practice management platforms PracticePanther, Bill4Time, and MerusCase, and e-payments platform Headnote.
- XIRA.com, where clients find, book and meet with attorneys; and where attorneys get free, fully integrated practice management software.
- Everlaw, the cloud-based ediscovery platform for law firms, corporations, and government agencies.
- TrustBooks, the only standalone accounting product designed 100 percent for attorneys and law firms.
- Law Insider, producer of the show Contract Teardown, where they analyze the contracts that others are talking about.
A reminder that we are on Patreon. Subscribe to our page to be able to access show transcripts, or to submit a question for our guests.