A new two-day conference devoted to knowledge management and innovation in the legal profession will debut in October in New York, organized by two of the leading consultants in the field.
Described as “focusing on value, innovation, and knowledge management for legal professionals,” the Knowledge Management & Innovation for Legal Conference aims to become the premiere event of its type.
Read on to learn about a registration discount for readers of this blog.
The conference is being organized by Patrick DiDomenico, president and founder of InspireKM Consulting and former head of innovation and knowledge management at multiple law firms, and Joshua Fireman, president and founder of the strategic consulting firm Fireman & Company, an Epiq company.
“While Joshua and I have co-chaired similar conferences for close to a decade, our goal here is to really elevate the experience with fresh ideas and formats, top notch speakers, and a fantastic new event space,” DiDomenico told me.
Taking place Oct. 12 and 13, 2023, in New York City, the conference will include two keynote sessions, eight plenary sessions, five breakout sessions, and seven hours of networking.
The eight plenary sessions span a variety of KM and innovation topics:
- No Hallucinations: Firms Share Actual AI Implementations.
- The End of KM as We Know It: Embedding Knowledge Management for Optimal Efficiency.
- Getting Buy-In for Process Automation and Legal Tech Adoption.
- Green Eggs and KM: Building a Firm-Wide KM Program From the Ground Up.
- Inside Innovation: Views From a Law Firm and In-House Legal Department.
- Help Me Help You: Becoming an Ideal Client for Your Vendors.
- Building the Legal Practice of the Future: The Transformation of Gunderson’s Employment & Labor Group.
- Smooth Transitions: Ensuring Effective Succession Planning In KM & Innovation Leadership.
There will also be five breakout sessions:
- C-Suite Roundtable.
- KM & Innovation 101 Roundtable.
- KM Attorney Roundtable.
- User Experience Roundtable.
- Practical Project Management Roundtable
Leading these various sessions is a line-up of speakers that includes a who’s who of innovation and KM leaders from leading law firms, as well as practicing attorneys, company founders and independent consultants.
DiDomenico said that he has already received a large number of registrations, including many from dozens of different Am Law 100 firms.
This will not be your “same old” conference, he said. Through breakout sessions, workshops, roundtables and networking, the conference will offer practical skills and opportunities to collaborate for professionals at all skill levels.
Registration Discount for LawSites Readers
LawSites is a media partner for the conference, which means I am able to offer readers a 15% discount off the cost of registration.
To take advantage of this discount, use the code LAWSITES15.