Two weeks away from its seventh annual Clio Cloud Conference, the cloud-based practice management company Clio today announced the five legal technology finalists that will compete at the conference for a $100,000 Launch//Code grand prize.
Introduced at Clio’s conference last year, the Launch//Code prize is awarded to a technology that is judged the best new third-party integration, using Clio’s API to address a difficulty legal professionals face daily when managing their business or growing their firm.
Clio says it received over 60 submissions for this year’s contest. The five finalists were selected based on the quality of their integration, level of innovation, and market impact. At the conference, each finalist will present a four-minute pitch to a panel of industry experts, who will select the winner.
The five finalists (with descriptions provided by Clio) are:
- Casetext. Casetext’s smarter legal research platform helps attorneys find better results, in less time, for less money. With Casetext’s CARA A.I. technology, you can use a brief or complaint from one of your matters in Clio to find highly relevant, tailored search results.
- Community.lawyer. Build custom client intakes and document automations in minutes with Community.lawyer. Whether your firm wants to streamline internal drafting or create “Turbotax for X,” Community.lawyer is the platform for you. Using the Clio integration, you can instantly send data to and from Clio and into documents, emails, and more.
- FirmTRAK. A data analytics reporting tool that seamlessly integrates with Clio to help law professionals manage KPIs vital to firm growth. FirmTRAK facilitates technological change within a firm by optimizing existing data, integrating user defined variables and implementing advanced algorithms to produce easy to use dashboards with dynamic visualizations.
- Heymarket. Heymarket provides easy and trackable business text messaging with your firm’s Clio contacts. View SMS history within each Clio contact’s communications log. Incoming text messages from new or prospective clients can be automatically added to your Clio account. Heymarket was designed for teams, so your entire staff can read and reply to messages, automate meeting reminders, and set up auto replies for important messages.
- WiseTime. WiseTime is for attorneys with more important things to do than timekeeping. WiseTime passively captures your activity while you work and collates it in a private timeline. No manual tracking or start-stop timers. Once you’ve reviewed your activity, you can send it seamlessly to the correct matter in Clio.
“The Launch//Code Contest has provided a huge incentive for innovation in legal technology, which we’ve seen in the sheer number of new companies entering this year’s contest,” said Jack Newton, CEO and Co-founder of Clio. “Each of the finalists has developed an incredible new software solution, which means this year’s panel of judges will have a tough decision to make in choosing who receives the $100,000 grand prize.”
The winner will be announced during the conference’s closing keynote on Oct. 22.
I was a judge for this contest last year, when the winner was Tali, a product that allowed lawyers to track their time through voice commands using Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant. Unable to gain sales traction, Tali shut down June 30.
If you have not yet registered for the Clio Cloud Conference, there is a discount code for readers of this blog.