ABA TECHSHOW is just a week away. Here are some of the events I’ll be attending there:
Wednesday, Feb. 27
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.: Women of Legal Tech Summit, a symposium on closing the gender gap in legal tech, at Chicago-Kent College of Law.
- 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.: TECHSHOW kicks off with our third-annual startup pitch competition, hosted by me and generously sponsored by Clio. In the exhibit hall.
- 7:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. Getting Women A Seat At the Table, a networking event sponsored by Above the Law and Evolve the Law. At Centennial Chicago. Register here. All registration fees will be donated to the Domestic Violence Legal Clinic of Chicago.
Thursday, Feb. 28
- 4 to 5 p.m.: Internet of Things: Friend or Foe? I’ll be presenting together with Antigone Peyton. In Columbus GH.
- 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.: LegalTech and innovation talks at Skadden Arps. I’ll be among those giving short talks on legal innovation, along with Dan Linna, Dan Katz, Maura Grossman, Ivy Grey, Kristian Hammond and Kristen Sonday, as well as law students Ben Jackson from Chicago-Kent and Andrea Leon Garcia, Julio Rueda Rivas, Brian Trujillo and Weihua (Melody) Yao from Northwestern. You must register in advance.
Friday, March 1
- 4:15 p.m. to 5:15 p.m.: Strengthen Your Core: Add-ins for Microsoft Word and Outlook. I’ll be presenting together with Nerino J. Petro Jr. Grand Ballroom B.
- 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.: Beer for Bloggers, hosted by LexBlog and the ABA Journal, at the Emerald Loop Bar and Grill (a short walk from the conference). All bloggers and aspiring bloggers welcome.
- 7:30 p.m. to ?: I’ll be hosting one of the Taste of TECHSHOW dinners. Ours starts at 7:30 at Arbella, where our topic will be legal blogging (or whatever else you want to talk about). Sign up here. Seats are limited.