It was major news April 4 when the legal research and technology companies Fastcase and vLex announced their merger, creating a single entity that they say now has the world’s largest subscriber base of lawyers and law firms and a legal research library of more than 1 billion documents from more than 100 countries.
It is a deal that could reshape the legal tech landscape on a global basis and potentially even threaten the longstanding legal research duopoly of Westlaw and LexisNexis. So what does it mean for the companies? What does it mean for their customers? And what does it mean for the legal market more broadly?
To explore these questions and more, LawNext host Bob Ambrogi is joined by the four founders of the two companies:
- Lluis Faus, cofounder and CEO of vLex and now global CEO of the combined entity, known as the vLex Group.
- Angel Faus, cofounder and chief technology officer of vLex.
- Ed Walters, cofounder and former CEO of Fastcase and now chief strategy officer of vLex.
- Phil Rosenthal, cofounder and former president of Fastcase and now chief growth officer of vLex.
Thank You To Our Sponsors
This episode of LawNext is generously made possible by our sponsors. We appreciate their support and hope you will check them out.
- Paradigm, home to the practice management platforms PracticePanther, Bill4Time, MerusCase and LollyLaw; the e-payments platform Headnote; and the legal accounting software TrustBooks.
- Lawmatics, providing legal client intake, law practice CRM, marketing automation, legal billing, document management, and much more, all in one easy-to-use law practice software.
If you enjoy listening to LawNext, please leave us a review wherever you listen to podcasts.