At a time when corporations are demanding greater accountability, transparency and predictability from their legal departments, automation of manual processes is a critical strategic priority, offering the promise of greater efficiency and effectiveness. But what does it really mean for a legal department to digitally transform itself and how should it go about it?
In this special edition of LawNext, three leading corporate general counsel and an expert consultant share their stories of digital transformation and their advice for others embarking on their own transformations. Panelists featured in this episode are:
- Bill Deckelman, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, DXC Technology.
- Todd Machtmes, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Salesforce.
- Nishat Ruiter, General Counsel, TED Conferences.
- Stuart Fuller, Global Head of Legal Services, KPMG Law, KPMG International.
This conversation was originally recorded as part of the Legal Leaders conference presented on Oct. 26, 2021, by Reuters Events. I served as moderator of the panel and Reuters graciously granted me permission to make the discussion available to listeners of LawNext.
Thank You To Our Sponsors
This episode of LawNext is generously made possible by our sponsors. We appreciate their support and hope you will check them out.
- Paradigm, home to the practice management platforms PracticePanther, Bill4Time, and MerusCase, and e-payments platform Headnote.
- Woodpecker, legal document automation for solo and small firms.
A reminder that we are on Patreon. Subscribe to our page to be able to access show transcripts, or to submit a question for our guests.