No sector of the legal technology market is hotter right now than contract lifecycle management. And while that sector is crowded with companies that are relative newcomers, one of the companies making the biggest waves is 30 years old.
Over the past year, Agiloft, the no-code CLM company, raised $45 million in growth equity funding – its first outside funding ever – named a new CEO and management team, saw its sales increase 124%, and won several industry awards and recognitions, most recently the Business Intelligence Group product Innovation award for its AI Core contract management software.
Joining LawNext today is Eric Laughlin, who took over as Agiloft’s CEO last August. Agiloft’s former CEO for nearly 30 years, Colin Earl, hand-picked Laughlin – who spent many years at Thomson Reuters in a series of executive roles, leading TR’s legal managed services offerings and its corporate segment – to take the company to its next level of growth.
Laughlin and host Bob Ambrogi discuss the CLM market and why it has surged in recent years, and Laughlin shares his view on where his company fits into that market, now and into the future.
Thank You To Our Sponsors
This episode of LawNext is generously made possible by our sponsors. We appreciate their support and hope you will check them out.
- Paradigm, home to the practice management platforms PracticePanther, Bill4Time, and MerusCase, and e-payments platform Headnote.
- XIRA.com, where clients find, book and meet with attorneys; and where attorneys get free, fully integrated practice management software.
- Everlaw, the cloud-based ediscovery platform for law firms, corporations, and government agencies.
- TrustBooks, the only standalone accounting product designed 100 percent for attorneys and law firms.
- Law Insider, producer of the show Contract Teardown, where they analyze the contracts that others are talking about.
A reminder that we are on Patreon. Subscribe to our page to be able to access show transcripts, or to submit a question for our guests.